Saturday 9 June 2012

Buried


Like buses, they all come at once. So that’s my excuse.  Busy busy – and I’m sorry it’s taken so long to get back to the blog.  Highlights?  Well – we made a very witty little promo on social media (yes – in general) for those dinosaurs you sometimes meet that still think twitter is full of people telling you what they had for breakfast.  Apparently there’s an age based divide (I am SO on the wrong side of that divide – in fact – I probably shouldn’t exist.  Blogging – at my age?)

Then we won a major product launch for one of our regular customers – four months of work in 5 weeks. Then after 2 weeks they switch the creative. Nice…
This is why I have no hair.

What have I learned?  Three things:

1. 
It’s hard to work with people who have no imagination at all. You basically have to create the finished product, then see if it’s what they want. Not good on a tight deadline.

2. 
It’s amazing what you can do when you have great people around you. Those months and years of developing that telepathy really kick in when there’s an emergency.  I am really proud of my team.

3.         
Trust your instincts. It’s easy to get rattled when the stakes are high – but stick to your guns – this single-minded belief in your cause – it’s what they’re ultimately paying you for.

Well – next week we’ll be back on regular fixes – as by then we’ll have shot our first slo-motion comedy. If I can get permission – I’ll show it to you.  Looking forward to working with the Dallas team again – it’s been too long.

So – busy is good – but it'll be good to get back into my routine a little. It’s good for the brain.  I'll be reporting next week on how it went on the comedy slo-mo shoot...




No comments:

Post a Comment